Through our funding partner, sportscotland, there is a coaching subsidy of 60% of the course fee available for those applying for CiRF or Athletics Coach. To be eligible to receive the coaching subsidy, coaches must meet the following at the time of booking:
- Agree to coach through sport in the community (i.e. clubs, local programmes, schools, community, or performance sport) within six months of applying for the subsidy.
- Agree to coach on average once per week, or a minimum of 24 times per year
- Agree to become a scottishathletics coach member at the time of booking, if not already a member
- Agree to continue to develop as a coach through ongoing communications with a support coach and attend coach development opportunities as and when appropriate
- Agree to work with named support coach in the development as a coach.
- Provide a statement, why this course will benefit you as a coach, and what impact will this have on the club / school / community.
Where a coach does not complete the course, they will be invoiced for the subsidy paid of £255.