Important Documents and Guidance for Coaches and Leaders
These documents are hosted by UK Athletics and should be referred to by all coaches and leaders to ensure they are operating within the terms of their licence.
Please forward any queries to the relevant contact listed in each section.
Codes of Practice and Guidance for all Coaches and Leaders, including:
- Codes of Practice and Training Guidance
- First Aid Guidance for Coaches and Leaders
- UKA Guidance on appropriate supervision for children and young people
- Manual Handling in Athletics
- First Aid Kit Guidance for Coaches and Clubs
- Safety Infographic
Event Group Guidance
Separate event group guidance is also available, please use the links below to access the relevant pages on the UK Athletics website.
Off Track Guidance
Physical Preparation Guidance
Useful Documents for Qualified Coaches
Scottish Athletics Leader and Coach Licence Terms & Conditions Oct 2023
Coach Licence Terms and Conditions Codes of Conduct March 2023
Accident reporting form
Qualifications Defined – SA
Couch to 5K for Leader Requirements