Become a member or renew your membership
To join scottishathletics, please read the information below then visit our online membership form.
If you are an existing member, you can log in here.
Please note: We launched a new membership system on 19 November 2018. All existing members should have received an email asking them to verify their account (please check your junkmail if this was not received). You can also verify your account via this link if you know your membership number. Please do not rejoin as a new member if you are already a member. You can renew your existing membership from your portal.
Payment categories per year
Junior Member (Under 13) – £8 – Under 13 years of age at joining/renewal date
Junior Member (Under 21) – £10 – 13-20 years of age at joining/renewal date
Senior Club Member – £21 – 21-64 years of age at joining/renewal date
Senior Unattached Member – £46 – 21-64 years of age and not a member of an affiliated club at joining/renewal date
Over 65 Member – £13 – 65 years or over at joining/renewal date
Family Membership – £50 – Maximum of 2 Senior Club Members and any number of Junior club members (which includes Junior Member Under 13 and Junior Member Under 21) in the same family
Coach – £25 – Membership is for 3 years for current UKA qualified and licensed coaches. This is a non-competing membership.
Technical Official – Free – Current UKA qualified and licensed technical officials. This is a non-competing membership.
Event Organisation – £50 – Companies, charities, community groups and other organisations who hold athletics events. This membership is available to organisations only.
Note: athletes competing in track and field or cross country competition may be unattached for one year. Following this, athletes must join an affiliated club. Athletes cannot return to unattached status after having competed for a club. (UKA Rule 21 S3)
Your Scottish Athletics Membership Benefits
Benefits for Individual Members include:
- Special Athletics Weekly Offer to scottishathletics members As a registered member of scottishathletics we are pleased to be able to offer you the chance to try Athletics Weekly magazine FREE for 4 weeks. If you like what you read, you will be transferred to the lowest available subscription rate of only £7.99 a month at the end of the four week period. Click here or call 01788 392018 quoting SA0118
- You will receive PB magazine – packed with features on world class athletes, latest news and grassroots athletics.
- With Voice Mobile you can save up to £346 on mobile phone plans compared to EE direct. You can access the latest deals on their website at www.VoiceMobileBenefits.co.uk/sa
- A 20% discount on the Aftershokz range of bone-conducting sports headphones and LED Lenser headtorches , via www.sportrewards.co.uk, using the discount code sent to you by email when you join.
- Edinburgh Leisure reduced fee – contact email@example.com
- 10% discount at active X – specialising in: Osteopathy, Sports & Remedial Massage, Back Pain Rehab Course and Postural Analysis. Tel: 0131 221 1415 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://backpainandsciatica.co.uk Quote ref ‘Sponsorship Prog’.
- 10% discount at The Watch Strap Store, an online retailer of watch straps. To claim your 10% discount simply visit The Watch Strap Store website and enter the coupon code SA10 during the checkout process. Their range includes a selection of leather watch straps and also NATO watch straps. All watch straps are supplied with spring bars and all orders are delivered free within the UK
- 20% Forest Holidays discount for May/June – breaks at any of their 10 locations, in any cabin type (ie. no restrictions). The promocode to use is MAYJUNESCOT20, for breaks booked and taken between 3 May and 30 June 2019.
Benefits for Competing Members (i.e. athlete members) also include:
- Eligibility to compete in Championship competition
- Eligibility for representative competition including Scottish internationals
- Eligibility for squad membership
- Public liability insurance on the UKA master policy which has a £20 million cover and a claims history going back more than a decade
- £2 discount on entry fees for all scottishathletics licensed races
Benefits for Event Organisation Members include:
- Eligibility to apply for and to hold a scottishathletics event licence for any of your athletics event(s)
- Opportunity to apply for scottishathletics Championship status for your event(s)
- Public liability insurance on the UKA master policy to cover your licensed event(s)
- Your licensed event(s) added to the scottishathletics fixture calendar
- Access to advice and guidance from scottishathletics on the planning and delivery of your licensed event(s)
For any queries, please contact membership administrator Carol Robison.