Club benefits and services
What are some of the benefits of affiliation for clubs and their members?
- Entitled to attend, speak and vote at any scottishathletics General Meeting
- Club members can apply to become individual members of scottishathletics
- Insurance for affiliated clubs and their members
- Nationally recognised club colours
- Eligibility for club places at the Virgin Money London Marathon – allocation based upon number of registered athletes aged over 18
- Dedicated support from scottishathletics staff across development, coaching, performance, officiating and membership.
- Access to our national club development programmes and support services. Further information can be found under club support.
- Direct support from the scottishathletics events team to provide guidance, share good practice and help enhance events
- Direct support to member clubs from the scottishathletics welfare team, in accordance with the scottishathletics disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Access to the national coach development programme including visits to clubs from expert coaches to support athlete development
- Discounts on coaching courses for registered club members (presently 70% discount for Athletics Coach and Coach in Running Fitness courses)
- Support for club athletes and coaches who have been identified through the talent pathway programmes
- Access to 4J Studios National Athletics Academy for young athletes showing potential
- Eligibility to apply for permits and insurance cover for events organised under UKA rules
- Eligibility to enter (for scottishathletics individual members) into National Championships across a wide range of event groups.