Level 1 Photo Finish
To book onto this course click here
Who should go on this course?
Anyone over the age of 16 who is interested in officiating at Track events as has an interest in technology. The latest photo finish camera is used to determine race positions and times.
What will I learn?
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Photo-Finish Judge and the tasks pertaining to them.
- Understand how a photo finish picture is created.
- Be able to interpret a picture effectively and produce a correct result.
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete a minimum of 4 competition experiences to become licensed. Candidates must have completed the online Health & Safety and Safeguarding modules for Officials.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal (head shot on a white background).
- Ensure you complete a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) application. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you with this.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your license application form.
- Once you have received your PVG certificate and completed a minimum of four competition experiences, email your completed Licence Application Form to – email@example.com for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.
For more information on progressing through the Officials Pathway please click here