Level 1 Field
To book onto this course click here
Who should go on this course?
Anyone who is interested in officiating the field events:
- Shot (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
- Discus (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
- Javelin (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
- Club Throw
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
- Pole Vault
What will I learn?
- To follow a duty sheet
- To be able to list field events and the various roles covered
- To understand and describe Health and Safety issues in Field Officiating
- Application of the rules surrounding field officiating
- Ability to present the result card accurately
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to become licensed. The experiences must cover both horizontal and vertical jumps and both shot and long throws. This may require candidates doing more than 4 experiences. Candidates must have completed the Health & Safety course for Officials.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal ( head shot on a white background).
- Ensure you complete a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) application. Please contact Angie Sutherland and she will assist you with this.
- Complete a Health and Safety module online.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your accreditation form.
- Email your Application for Accreditation form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
For more information on progressing through the Officials Pathway please click here