Level 1 Starter/Starter’s Assistant Officials
Start Date: 10 December 2016
End Date: 10 December 2016
Duration: 4 hours
Places left: Please contact Shona Malcolm to check availability
Venue: The Healthy Living Centre, Crownpoint
Tutor: Alan Bell, Andrew Minis & Mike Belch
Course Code 16OFFL1SA01
Level 1 Technical Official
Level 1 allows candidates to operate in a single discipline as a Track or Field Judge, Timekeeper or Photo Finish Judge, Starter/Starter’s Assistant. New officials are able to enter the system at this level if they know which discipline they wish to specialise in or have experience within athletics. The courses are designed to help you recognise the specific qualities required in each discipline. You will also learn:-
- Qualities & skills needed to be a good official
- How to interpret & apply the rules
- Equipment required for your chosen discipline
- Positioning yourself for best viewing
- Understanding signs & signals
- How to communicate with athletes & other officials
- How to follow a duty sheet
- Reporting procedures
- Safety procedures
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
To book a place please download and complete the Education Booking Form and return with payment by post to Shona Malcolm, Scottish Athletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.