Start Date: 12 February 2022
End Date: 8 May 2022
Duration: 4 Days
Places left: See Athletics Hub for Details
Venue: Aberdeen Sports Village
Tutor: Bernie Campbell & Mark Smith
Course Code 22GC001
This qualification is the cornerstone of the coach education pathway. In total the course consists of three contact days plus online learning and concludes with a practical assessment. Days one & two of the course will cover the generic content of running, hurdling, jumping, throwing and the physical preparation of the athlete.
Day three online options are:
- Athletics Coach Endurance – including Walks, Steeplechase, Middle Distance and Wheelchair Racing
- Athletics Coach Jumps – including all four Jumps (Long, Triple, High and Pole Vault)
- Athletics Coach Speed – including Starts, Acceleration, Maximum Velocity, Hurdles, Relay and Wheelchair racing
- Athletics Coach Throws – including all Throws (Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer and Seated Throw)
Please note there needs to be a minimum of four weeks between your day two & the completion of three online as there is homework and coaching practice required.
When booking your Event Group option, you will secure your place on your Observed Practical Assessment (day four).
Please search and book your course using our online booking system ‘Athletics Hub’ here or contact The Coach Education Team on 07393 674 262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you any problems with your booking.
Prerequisite – Level 1 Assistant Coach or Coaching Assistant
Minimum age – 18
- 12 & 13 February 2022 (Day 1 & 2 content)
- Day 3 event group electives will be provided as a series of online modules after days 1 & 2
- 8 May – (Day 4 / Assessment Day)
*Through our funding partner, sportscotland, there is a coaching subsidy offer of 60% of the course fee available for those applying for CiRF and Athletics Coach.
To be eligible to receive the coaching subsidy, coaches must meet the following criteria at the time of booking:
- I agree to coach through sport in the community (i.e. clubs, local programmes, schools, community, or performance sport) within six months of applying for the subsidy.
- I agree to coach on average once per week, or a minimum of 24 times per year
- I am, or agree to become a scottishathletics coach member at the time of booking
- I agree to continue to develop as a coach through ongoing communications with a support coach and attend coach development opportunities as and when appropriate