Athletics Coach Days 1 & 2
Start Date: 2 March 2019
End Date: 1 June 2019
Duration: 4 Days
Places left: 8
Venue: Aberdeen Sports Village
Tutor: Janice Hendrie and Mark Smith
Course Code 19GC001
This qualification is the cornerstone of the coach education pathway. In total the course consists of four contact days, which concludes with a practical assessment. Days one & two of the course will cover the generic content of running, hurdling, jumping, throwing and the physical preparation of the athlete.
Once you have secured your place on your Athletics Coach days one & two, candidates will be sent a booking confirmation and be asked to select their Technical Event Group day three option.
Day three options are:
- Athletics Coach Endurance – including Walks, Steeplechase, Middle Distance and Wheelchair Racing
- Athletics Coach Jumps – including all four Jumps (Long, Triple, High and Pole Vault)
- Athletics Coach Speed – including Starts, Acceleration, Maximum Velocity, Hurdles, Relay and Wheelchair racing
- Athletics Coach Throws – including all Throws (Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer and Seated Throw)
Please note there needs to be a minimum of four weeks between your day two & three as there is homework and coaching practice required.
When booking your Event Group option, you will secure your place on your Observed Practical Assessment (day four).
Prerequisite – Level 1 Assistant Coach or Coaching Assistant
Minimum age – 18
To book a place please download and complete the Education Booking Form and return by post to Coaching Team, Scottish Athletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
- 2 & 3 March 2019 (Day 1 & 2)
- (Day 3 event group electives)
- 30 March 2019 – Endurance (Emirates, Glasgow)
- 30 March 2019 – Speed (Emirates, Glasgow)
- 31 March 2019 – Jumps (Grangemouth)
- 31 March 2019 – Throws (Grangemouth)
- 1 June 2019 (Day 4 / Assessment Day)
Coaches interested in completing two day 3 electives, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Through our funding partner sportscotland, there is a coaching subsidy of 60% of the course fee available for this qualification. To be eligible to receive the coaching subsidy, coaches must meet the set criteria at the time of booking. More information on the subsidy can be found on the course Education Booking Form.