Level 1 Online Track Course
Start Date: 5th February 2024
End Date: 5th February 2024
Time: 6pm till 9pm
Duration: 3 Hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Virtual Classroom
Tutor: Brian Brown & Alistair Aitchison
Course Code 24OFFL1VT01
To book onto this course click here.
Who should go on this course?
Anyone over the age of 16 who is interested in officiating the track events and learning how to take finishing position and report any racing incidents. This course covers all track events sprints, hurdles, Steeplechase, distance events and relays.
What will I learn?
- How to work as part of a team of track officials at an athletics meeting and carry out the basic duties of a track judge/umpire.
- Knowing what equipment, you need to have with you at an athletics meeting to enable you to carry out your duties throughout the meeting.
- Have an understand of what a track judge/umpire should record in relation to what is seen without being influenced by anyone else.
- To have a basic knowledge of track markings particularly the finishing line (how to judge the finish) and lane lines.
- To carry out the basic duties such as – judging, lap board and bell, break line, relay take over judge, hurdle observation, umpiring for observing running out of lane or impeding other athletes and what these involve.