Level 1 Endurance & Risk Awareness Officials
Start Date: 2 February 2020
End Date: 2 February 2020
Duration: 6.5 hours
Places left: Contact Shona Malcolm for information
Venue: Emirates Arena
Tutor: Davie Cairns
Course Code 20OFFL1END01 & 20OFFENDRA01
Course runs 10am – 4.30pm
Level 1 is a one day course that will allow the candidate to work under the supervision of a qualified endurance official with a view to becoming a qualified technical official.
Following attendance at this course candidates will have knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Appropriate attire/equipment
- How endurance officials operate at road and cross country races
- The requisite skills to be an endurance official
- The key officials who operate at an endurance event and their responsibilities
- Knowledge and application of rules
- Relationship with other officials
- Relationship with athletes
- The tools to do the job
- The endurance officials’ pathway – what is in it for me
- A working knowledge of the start, finish and course of an endurance event
Following completion of the course candidates will then be required to operate under the supervision of a qualified technical official at 4 events and submit logbook records to gain a formal technical officials’ qualification at Level 1.
To book a place please download and complete the Education Booking Form and return by post with payment and a Passport size photograph to – Shona Malcolm, Scottish Athletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.