Scotland Select for University International
There is a big emphasis on young athletes in the Scotland Select team now named for this weekend’s fixture at Grangemouth.
Scottish Unis meet Irish Unis on Saturday with a scottishathletics selection making it a three-team event.
With the Universities and Colleges having first call on their eligible athletes, a number of teenagers are involved – bolstered by the likes of Chris Baillie, Michelle Durbidge and Alex Hendry.
GB Junior Kelsey Stewart features with the Scotland Select having A and B picks in certain events.
The teenagers named include a whole host of emergent, developing athletes like Anna Gordon, Fraser O’Rourke, Cameron Tindle, Ciaran Wright, Annabel Simpson, Alisha Rees and Natalie Robbins (among others).
Many congratulations from all at scottishathletics to those athletes selected and their coaches, clubs and families.
First event on Saturday is at 12 noon with entry FREE for spectators. The Scottish Unis team selection and a timetable for the event is listed here:
https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/index.php?p=363 or https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/athletes/university-and-college-athletics/
(The names are listed in A and B order where there are two athletes.)
- 100m: Alisha Rees, Jill Cherry
- 200m: Selina Henderson
- 400m: Kelsey Stewart
- 3000m: Annabel Simpson, Amy Frankland
- Sprint Hurdles: Hazel Ross, Mhairi Patience
- 400mH: Anna Nelson, Mhairi Patience
- Long Jump: Hazel Ross, Rachel Alexander
- Triple Jump: Rachel Robertson, Ellen Robertson
- High Jump: Catherine Palmer
- Pole Vault: Anna Gordon, Hannah Lawler
- Shot Putt: Michelle Durbidge, Alison Horne
- Discus: Dionne Milne, Michelle Durbidge
- Hammer: Natalie Robbins, Lisa McAlpine
- Javelin: Thora Cant, Aileen Rennie
- 4 x 100m Relay: Alisha Rees, Jill Cherry, Cara-Jay Murdoch, Selina Henderson, Niamh Guest
- 100m: Adam Thomas, Ross Maxwell
- 200m: Cameron Tindle
- 400m: Grant Plenderleith, Elliot Heath
- 800m: Josh Kerr, John Ball
- 1500m: Dale Colley, Michael Ferguson
- 3000m s/c: Lachlan Oates, Alex Hendry
- 5000m: Max McNeill, Luke Traynor
- Sprint Hurdles: Michael Downie, Chris Baillie
- 400mH: Jack Lawrie, Craig Morten
- Long Jump: Ross Maxwell
- Triple Jump: Joseph Amouzou, Mahad Ahmed
- High Jump: Jack Lochans, Robert Ferguson
- Pole Vault: Fraser O’Rourke
- Shot Putt: Michael Downie
- Discus: Ciaran Wright
- Hammer: Ciaran Wright
- Javelin: Michael Downie, Callum Brown
- 4 x 100m Relay: Ryan Oswald, Ross Maxwell, Adam Thomas, Alec Thomas, Kade Thomas, Cameron Tindle