Level 2 Officials – Endurance & Risk Awareness Course
Start Date: 1 October 2017
End Date: 1 October 2017
Duration: 6 hours
Places left: Contact Shona Malcolm
Venue: Caledonia House, South Gyle
Tutor: David Cairns
Course Code 17OFFL2END01
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Level 2 is a one day course that will allow the candidate to work under the supervision of a qualified endurance official with a view to becoming a qualified technical official.
Following attendance at this course candidates will have knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Appropriate attire/equipment
- How endurance officials operate at road and cross country races
- The requisite skills to be an endurance official
- The key officials who operate at an endurance event and their responsibilities
- Knowledge and application of rules
- Relationship with other officials
- Relationship with athletes
- The tools to do the job
- The endurance officials’ pathway – what is in it for me
- A working knowledge of the start, finish and course of an endurance event
Following completion of the course candidates will then be required to operate under the supervision of a qualified technical official and submit log book records to gain a formal technical officials qualification at the following sub-levels:
- Club – officials who have attended the L2 course and have 4 recognised experiences at an endurance event in their log book will progress to county official.
To book a place please download and complete the Education Booking form and return by post to Shona Malcolm, Scottish Athletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.