Level 1 Timekeeping Official
Start Date: 13th November 2021
End Date: 13th November 2021
Duration: 4 hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Emirates Indoor Arena
Tutor: Mike Forrest
Course Code 21OFFL1TK01
Level 1 Timekeeping
To book onto this course click here
Who should go on this course?
Anyone who is interested in timing the track events, including sprints, hurdles, relays and distance events.
What will I learn?
- Bring appropriate equipment and clothing to a meeting
- Take appropriate times accurately and understand some of the reasons for inaccuracy
- Understand how to report times to chief timekeeper
- Understand what additional duties may be required
- Understand how a timekeeper works as part of a team
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to become licensed. Candidates must have completed the on-line Health & Safety course for Officials as well.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal ( head shot on a white background).
- Ensure you complete a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) application. Please contact Angie Sutherland and she will assist you with this.
- Complete a Health and Safety module online.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your accreditation form.
- Email your Application for Accreditation form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.