Level 1 Timekeeping Course
Start Date: 23 January 2021
End Date: 23 January 2021
Duration: 4 Hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Emirates Indoor Arena
Tutor: Mike Forrest
Course Code 21OFFL1TK01
Level 1 Timekeeping Technical Official
Please book this course using our new online booking system ‘Athletics Hub’ here
Who should go on this course?
Anyone who is interested in timing the track events, including sprints, Hurdles, relays and distance events.
What will I learn?
- Bring appropriate equipment and clothing to a meeting
- Take appropriate times accurately and understand some of the reasons for inaccuracy
- Understand how to report times to chief timekeeper
- Understand what additional duties may be required
- Understand how a timekeeper works as part of a team
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to become licensed. Candidates must have completed the Health & Safety course for Officials as well.