Level 1 Starter/Starters Assistant Officials
Start Date: 6 May 2018
End Date: 6 May 2018
Duration: 4.5 hours
Places left: Contact Shona Malcolm for information
Venue: Emirates Arena
Tutor: Andrew Minis & Mike Belch
Course Code 18OFFL1SA01
Level 1 allows candidates to operate in a single discipline as a Track or Field Judge, Timekeeper or Photo Finish Judge, Starter/Starters Assistant. New officials are able to enter the system at this level if they know which discipline they wish to specialise in or have experience within athletics. The courses are designed to help you recognise the specific qualities required in each discipline. You will also learn:-
- Qualities & skills needed to be a Good Official
- How to Interpret & Apply the Rules
- Equipment required for your chosen Discipline,
- Positioning yourself for Best Viewing,
- Understanding Signs & Signals
- How to communicate with Athletes & other Officials
- How to follow a Duty Sheet
- Reporting Procedures
- Safety Procedures
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
To book a place please download and complete the Education Booking Form and return by post with payment and a Passport size photograph to – Shona Malcolm, Scottish Athletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.