Level 1 Starters / Starters Assistant
Start Date: 26 February 2023
End Date: 26 February 2023
Time: 10am - 3pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Emirates Indoor Arena
Tutor: Andrew Minnis & Val Murdoch
Course Code 23OFFL1ST01
4 hour Course
To book onto this course click here.
Who should go on this course?
Anyone over the age of 16 who is interested in officiating at Track & Field or Cross-Country Competitions. Has an interest in working with the latest technology of electronic gun starts and working closely with athletes on the start line.
What will I learn?
- The key roles and responsibilities of race starter and starters assistants.
- How, when and where to line up athletes before the start.
- How to implement relevant rules of a race start.
- The correct positioning and clarity of starters instructions/signals.
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete a minimum of 4 competition experiences to become licensed. . Candidates must have completed the online Health & Safety and Safeguarding modules for Officials.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal (head shot on a white background).
- Ensure you complete a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) application. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you with this.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your Licence Application Form.
- Once you have received your PVG certificate and completed a minimum of four competition experiences, email your completed Licence Application Form to – email@example.com for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.