Level 1 Photo Finish Officials Course
Start Date: 24th September 2022
End Date: 24th September 2022
Time: 10am - 3pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Linwood Sport Centre
Tutor: Dave Finlayson & Alistair Dalgleish
Course Code 22OFFL1PF02
Level 1 Photo Finish Technical Official
To book onto this course click here.
Who should go on this course?
Anyone with an interest in using technology to determine race positions.
What will I learn?
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Photo-Finish Judge and the tasks pertaining to them.
- Understand how a photo finish picture is created.
- Be able to interpret a picture effectively and produce a correct result.
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to become licensed. Candidates must have completed the Health & Safety course for Officials as well.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal ( head shot on a white background).
- Ensure you complete a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) application. Please contact Angie Sutherland and she will assist you with this.
- Complete a Health and Safety module online.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your accreditation form.
- Email your Application for Accreditation form to email@example.com for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License.
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm
For more information on progressing through the Officials Pathway please click here