Level 1 Field Course
Start Date: 20 February 2021
End Date: 20 February 2021
Duration: 5 Hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Emirates Indoor Arena
Tutor: Brenda Stephen
Course Code 21OFFL1F01
Who should go on this course?
Anyone who is interested in officiating the field events:
- Shot (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
- Discus (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
- Javelin (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
- Club Throw
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Triple Jump
- Pole Vault
What will I learn?
- Follow a duty sheet
- Be able to list field events and the various roles covered
- Understand and describe Health and Safety issues in Field Officiating
- Application of the rules surrounding field officiating
- Ability to present the result card accurately
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to become licensed. The experiences must cover both horizontal and vertical jumps and both shot and long throws. This may require candidates doing more than 4 experiences. Candidates must have completed the Health & Safety course for Officials.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal ( head shot on a white background).
- Completed your PVG. For guidance on this please click here.
- Complete a Health and Safety module online.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your accreditation form.
- Email your Application for Accreditation form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm on 07731 832 567
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
For more information on progressing through the Officials Pathway please click here