Level 1 Endurance & Risk Awareness Course
Start Date: 07 February 2021
End Date: 07 February 2021
Duration: 6 Hours
Places left: See Athletics Hub
Venue: Emirates Indoor Arena
Tutor: Dave Cairns
Course Code 21OFFL1END01
Who should go on this course?
Anyone who wishes to work as an Official at Road and Cross-Country events
What will I learn?
- What we mean by endurance
- To understand the skills, knowledge, experience and aptitude of Endurance Officials
- What equipment an endurance official will need to bring to an event
- What the different areas of an endurance race are:-
o The Start
o The Course
o The Finish
- To understand an endurance official’s roles, including;
o Sector Marshall
o Race Referee
o Start Director and Finish Director
o Course Director
o Judging and Recorder
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to be licenced and have completed a Risk Awareness for Endurance Officials course.
Self-taught Modules are required for progressing to Level 2 and 3: Referee, Start Director and Course Director.
What do I do after the course?
- Ensure you have uploaded your licence photo to the myAthletics portal ( head shot on a white background).
- Completed your PVG. For guidance on this please click here.
- Attend a minimum of 4 competition experiences and record on your accreditation form.
- Email your Application for Accreditation form to email@example.com for processing in order to receive your UKA Level 1 License.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm on 07731 832 567
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
For more information on progressing through the Officials Pathway please click here