Assistant Officials Course
Start Date: 13 February 2018
End Date: 13 February 2018
Duration: 3.5 hours
Places left: Course full
Venue: Lornshill Academy
Course Code 18OFFASS01
This award offers an introduction to officiating at a Track & Field or Sportshall competition and covers the basics in all disciplines. You will learn the specific judging principles of throws, jumps, track judging, timekeeping and starting. The course is designed to enable you to work within a team to develop key skills and a basic understanding of the fundamental rules of officiating.
This course is delivered in both theoretical and practical elements covering :-
- The responsibilities and role of an Assistant Official
- How to measure and record times and distances
- Communicating with athletes and other officials
- Ensuring safety and reporting concerns
- Following procedures and applying basic rules
All courses will be delivered in an interactive practical and lecture setting.
To book a place please download and complete the Education Booking form and return by post to Shona Malcolm, Scottish Athletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ.
For more information contact Shona Malcolm.