Athletics Coach Days 1 & 2
Start Date: 14 March 2020
End Date: 15 March 2020
Duration: 4 Days
Places left: FULLY SUBSCRIBED
Venue: Pitreavie Athletics Centre
Tutor: Sean Watson & Kevin Maguire
Course Code 20EC001
This qualification is the cornerstone of the coach education pathway. In total the course consists of four contact days, which concludes with a practical assessment. Days one & two of the course will cover the generic content of running, hurdling, jumping, throwing and the physical preparation of the athlete.
Day three options are:
- Athletics Coach Endurance – including Walks, Steeplechase, Middle Distance and Wheelchair Racing
- Athletics Coach Jumps – including all four Jumps (Long, Triple, High and Pole Vault)
- Athletics Coach Speed – including Starts, Acceleration, Maximum Velocity, Hurdles, Relay and Wheelchair racing
- Athletics Coach Throws – including all Throws (Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer and Seated Throw)
Please note there needs to be a minimum of four weeks between your day two & three as there is homework and coaching practice required.
When booking your Event Group option, you will secure your place on your Observed Practical Assessment (day four).
Please search and book your course using our new online booking system ‘Athletics Hub’ here or contact The Coach Education Team on 0131 476 7328 or email email@example.com if you any problems with your booking.
Prerequisite – Level 1 Assistant Coach or Coaching Assistant
Minimum age – 18
- 14 & 15 March 2020 (Day 1 & 2 content)
- (Day 3 event group electives)
- 18 April 2020 – Endurance (Pitreavie Athletics Centre)
- 18 April 2020 – Jumps (Pitreavie Athletics Centre)
- 19 April 2020 – Throws (Pitreavie Athletics Centre)
- 19 April 2020 – Speed (Pitreavie Athletics Centre)
- 14 June 2020 – (Day 4 / Assessment Day – East Kilbride)
- 20 June 2020 – (Day 4 / Assessment Day – Stornoway)
- 20 June 2020 – (Day 4 / Assessment Day – Pitreavie Athletics Centre)
*Through our funding partner, sportscotland, there is a coaching subsidy offer of 60% of the course fee available for those applying for CiRF and Athletics Coach.
To be eligible to receive the coaching subsidy, coaches must meet the following criteria at the time of booking:
- I agree to coach through sport in the community (i.e. clubs, local programmes, schools, community, or performance sport) within six months of applying for the subsidy.
- I agree to coach on average once per week, or a minimum of 24 times per year
- I am, or agree to become a scottishathletics coach member at the time of booking
- I agree to continue to develop as a coach through ongoing communications with a support coach and attend coach development opportunities as and when appropriate
If you meet the criteria set out above and would like to claim the Sport Scotland subsidy please contact the coaching team on 0131 476 7328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before you book onto the Athletics Coach Course to request a subsidy discount code.