Athletics Coach Days 1 & 2
Start Date: 11 December 2021
End Date: 19 March 2022
Duration: 4 Days
Places left: FULLY SUBSCRIBED
Venue: Grangemouth Stadium
Tutor: Bernie Campbell & Mark Smith
Course Code 21CC010
This qualification is the cornerstone of the coach education pathway. In total the course consists of four contact days, which concludes with a practical assessment. Days one & two of the course will cover the generic content of running, hurdling, jumping, throwing and the physical preparation of the athlete.
Day three options are:
- Athletics Coach Endurance – including Walks, Steeplechase, Middle Distance and Wheelchair Racing
- Athletics Coach Jumps – including all four Jumps (Long, Triple, High and Pole Vault)
- Athletics Coach Speed – including Starts, Acceleration, Maximum Velocity, Hurdles, Relay and Wheelchair racing
- Athletics Coach Throws – including all Throws (Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer and Seated Throw)
Please note there needs to be a minimum of four weeks between your day two & three as there is homework and coaching practice required.
When booking your Event Group option, you will secure your place on your Observed Practical Assessment (day four).
Please search and book your course using our new online booking system ‘Athletics Hub’ here or contact The Coach Education Team on 07393 674 262 or email email@example.com if you any problems with your booking.
Prerequisite – Level 1 Assistant Coach or Coaching Assistant
Minimum age – 18
- 11 & 12 December 2021 (Day 1 & 2 content)
- Day 3 The elective choice will be completed online via a link provided to course participants on completion of days 1 & 2 of the course
- 19 March 2022 (Day 4 / Assessment Day)
*Through our funding partner, sportscotland, there is a coaching subsidy offer of 60% of the course fee available for those applying for CiRF and Athletics Coach.
To be eligible to receive the coaching subsidy, coaches must meet the following criteria at the time of booking:
- I agree to coach through sport in the community (i.e. clubs, local programmes, schools, community, or performance sport) within six months of applying for the subsidy.
- I agree to coach on average once per week, or a minimum of 24 times per year
- I am, or agree to become a scottishathletics coach member at the time of booking
- I agree to continue to develop as a coach through ongoing communications with a support coach and attend coach development opportunities as and when appropriate
If you are eligible to receive the coaching subsidy, coaches must meet the set criteria at the time of booking, please contact the Coaching Team firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.