Athletic Development & Physical Preparation III
Start Date: 6 April 2019
End Date: 7 April 2019
Duration: 2 days - 9:30 - 4:00pm
Places left: 3
Venue: Pitreavie Indoor Stadium
Tutor: Jared Deacon and Joel Brannigan
Course Code 19AD3001
How to get an athlete strong through introducing external loads to stable movements and structures.
Who can go on the course?
- Anyone who has completed the Athletics Coach award / Coach in Running Fitness (CiRF), or equivalent
- Coaches who have attended Athletic Development & Physical Preparation I or II Course
UKA Event Group Coaches, Level 3 and Level 4 Performance Coaches looking to broaden their knowledge and understanding in athletic development can also choose to attend as part of their continued professional development.
Topics covered include:
- Progressive journeys for lower body, upper body and bracing exercises
- Effective use of sets and repetitions
- Ballistic / Plyometrics movements
- Training along the force / velocity continuum
To book a place please download and complete the Coach Development Course Booking Form and return by post to Coaching Team, scottishathletics, Caledonia House, South Gyle, Edinburgh, EH12 9DQ, or email the completed booking form to email@example.com
Cost is £40.00 for scottishathletics coach members
For more information, please contact the Head of Coach Development, Darren Ritchie