Club modernisation project
The purpose of this project is to work with athletics clubs in Scotland that are proactive in their development, to help them to modernise, reflecting best practice around governance, development and delivery – ultimately implementing business models and practices within their club.
At the end of the programme, participating clubs will have an excellent grasp of the core areas in every aspect of club business, will have individualised expert support and will have established a valuable network of support (including other clubs) for their development.
A bespoke, practical programme of support will be provided to individual clubs to help club leaders learn about and develop tools and skills needed to develop and sustain a thriving athletics club. It will ultimately:
- Deepen understanding of key concepts involved in leading a successful athletics club.
- Strengthen your core knowledge of business development tools and leadership abilities for effective strategies in sustainable development.
- Create and implement a dynamic and deliverable business plan to help you further develop and grow your club
- Learn collaboratively with like-minded clubs at similar stages of development
Participating clubs will receive:
- Bespoke expert support – individual to your club and flexible given club uniqueness and pace of development (eg. legal, financial, media etc)
- Provision of dedicated helpline number for clubs to access business services advice – responses within 8 working hours
- Webinars (online live training workshops) for clubs covering range of topics
- Specific workshops covering a range of topics with external experts
- Effective leadership and management, including understanding finance and risk management in a club context
- Business planning – strategic development
- Club governance and legal structures
- Accounting and financial management – including Gift Aid
- Paid staffing structures – administration, development and coaching -and their implications
- Membership, marketing and digital media
- Coaching – coaching structures, coach development, national coaching syllabus, coach development and athlete development
- Understanding and creating talent environments
Criteria for consideration
How to apply
Contact Head of Development Colin Hutchison for more information or to apply.
Ayr Seaforth AC
Bellahouston Road Runners
Falkirk Victoria Harriers
Giffnock North AAC
Law & District AAC
North Ayrshire AC
Team East Lothian
Victoria Park CG